IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
- If you are experiencing ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS – especially a cough, shortness of breath or fever – please contact our office at 920.731.8131 to reschedule your visit.
- At this time, patients are limited to having ONE family member or friend accompany them during appointments/procedures. We are working together with our hospital healthcare partners, ThedaCare and Ascension, and following guidelines from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services and the American College of Surgeons regarding patient care during this ever-changing time. Our number one priority is to keep you, your loved ones and our community healthy.
NOTE: Telehealth Appointments are Now Available! Click here to learn more.
Using Advanced Technologies for Minimally Invasive Surgeries
FVSA has always been dedicated to staying on top of the latest surgical/care technologies and integrating the most state-of-the-art tactics into our practice. This includes robotic surgery. For many minimally invasive procedures, our team is able to operate with robotically assisted surgical (RAS) devices. With them, mechanical arms are used to assist during an open surgery for incredible precision and control. These high-tech arms have small surgical instruments attached to the ends with a high-definition, 3-D camera to magnify the surgical site in high-definition. Read full article about Robotic Surgery at FVSA.
Several Advantages to Robotic Surgery
- Smaller incisions
- Maximum clarity with magnified camera views
- Greater access to tight/hard-to-reach spaces
- Less pain, bleeding and scarring
- Reduced risk for post-procedure infections
- Fewer complications for the patient
- Shorter hospital stays
- Faster recovery time
- Quicker return to normal activities