IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
- If you are experiencing ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS – especially a cough, shortness of breath or fever – please contact our office at 920.731.8131 to reschedule your visit.
- At this time, patients are limited to having ONE family member or friend accompany them during appointments/procedures. We are working together with our hospital healthcare partners, ThedaCare and Ascension, and following guidelines from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services and the American College of Surgeons regarding patient care during this ever-changing time. Our number one priority is to keep you, your loved ones and our community healthy.
NOTE: Telehealth Appointments are Now Available! Click here to learn more.
Expertise in Diagnosing & Treating GERD
Many people who suffer from frequent or chronic acid reflux are experiencing a condition called GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Some of the more common symptoms associated with this type of reflux include heartburn, difficulty swallowing, excessive salivation, regurgitation, bloating and intolerance of certain foods. This is a condition Fox Valley Surgical Associates (FVSA) specializes in with expertise in both diagnosis and treatment.
Minimally Invasive GERD Treatments
- TIF – a procedure that reconstructs the valve between the esophagus and stomach to protect against acid reflux
- LINX – another option for treatment that places a magnetic bracelet around the esophagus to create pressure and reduce acid reflux
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication – a treatment for GERD and hiatal hernia that wraps part of the stomach around the esophageal sphincter to prevent reflux flow