Sarah Wilson, MD
About Dr. Wilson
A board-certified and fellowship-trained vascular surgeon, Dr. Wilson is drawn to the medically complex nature of diagnosing and treating vascular disease and underscores the need to thoughtfully evaluate and care for the whole patient. She feels the doctor-patient relationship is most successful and leads to best outcomes when approached as a partnership. She shares, “I enjoy the long-term relationships I get to have with my patients, helping them navigate difficult health issues and then seeing them live their best lives months and years later.” Dr. Wilson also enjoys the technical precision and artistry demanded in offering both minimally invasive endovascular options and traditional open surgery to best tailor treatment plans to each individual.
After completing her bachelor’s degree in Nutritional Science at UW-Madison, Dr. Wilson went on to earn her medical degree at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She then attended the University of Iowa, where she completed her internship and residency in general surgery, and her fellowship training in vascular surgery. Dr. Wilson is also RPVI® Certified, which signifies her skills are at the highest standard in vascular ultrasound interpretation.
Happy to be back in her home state, Dr. Wilson keeps busy outside of work, enjoying cooking, yoga and chasing after her kids and dogs.
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSA for physician-specific locations.
- Bachelor of Science – Nutritional Science, UW-Madison
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Internship – University of Iowa, General Surgery
- Residency – University of Iowa, General Surgery
- Fellowship – University of Iowa, Vascular Surgery
- Board certified – general surgery
- Board eligible – vascular surgery
- RPVI® (Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation® Certification)
- American Medical Women’s Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Vascular Surgeons
- Midwest Vascular Surgical Society