IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
- If you are experiencing ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS – especially a cough, shortness of breath or fever – please contact our office at 920.731.8131 to reschedule your visit.
- At this time, patients are limited to having ONE family member or friend accompany them during appointments/procedures. We are working together with our hospital healthcare partners, ThedaCare and Ascension, and following guidelines from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services and the American College of Surgeons regarding patient care during this ever-changing time. Our number one priority is to keep you, your loved ones and our community healthy.
NOTE: Telehealth Appointments are Now Available! Click here to learn more.
Peter Janu, MD, FACS
About Dr. Janu
Practicing in the Fox Valley for more than 20 years, Dr. Peter Janu is a general and laparoendoscopic surgeon who specializes in the latest heartburn, reflux and foregut procedures. He has become the region’s most comprehensive expert in the surgical treatment of reflux and developed a worldwide reputation for performing minimally invasive procedures like transoral incisionless fundoplication as well as magnetic sphincter augmentation. “I wanted to become a doctor since I was 12 and I really appreciate being able to help patients fix their health issues so they can enjoy a better quality of life,” he says. “With so many people suffering from heartburn and reflux problems, I found that my combination of training is uniquely suited for this specialty.”
Dr. Janu earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, received his medical degree from the University of Wisconsin Medical School and completed surgical residency training at the University of Tennessee-Memphis. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a founding member of the American Foregut Society and he also belongs to the Wisconsin Surgical Society. Dr. Janu is the only surgeon in the area participating in national clinical research trials with both endoscopic and laparoscopic treatment options for reflux.
Born in Prague, Czechoslovakia, Dr. Janu was raised in Brookfield, Wisconsin, and is happy to practice here and call the Fox Cities home. His favorite activities include biking, golfing, skiing and traveling. More About Dr. Janu
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSA for physician-specific locations.
Meet Dr. Janu
TIF Procedure with Dr. Janu
Linx Procedure with Dr. Janu
GERD & Acid Reflux with Dr. Janu
- Bachelor’s Degree – University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Wisconsin Medical School
- Internship – University of Tennessee – Memphis
- Residency – University of Tennessee – Memphis
- Research Fellowship – University of Tennessee – Memphis
- Fellow – American College of Surgeons
- Founding Member – American Foregut Society
- American Board of Surgery