IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
- If you are experiencing ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS – especially a cough, shortness of breath or fever – please contact our office at 920.731.8131 to reschedule your visit.
- At this time, patients are limited to having ONE family member or friend accompany them during appointments/procedures. We are working together with our hospital healthcare partners, ThedaCare and Ascension, and following guidelines from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services and the American College of Surgeons regarding patient care during this ever-changing time. Our number one priority is to keep you, your loved ones and our community healthy.
NOTE: Telehealth Appointments are Now Available! Click here to learn more.
Michael Black, MD
About Dr. Black
Dr. Michael Black joined Fox Valley Surgical Associates in 2008. A Wisconsin native, he received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin La Crosse and his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. After completing his residency at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison, Dr. Black went on to complete his endoscopic/bariatric fellowship at the Minnesota Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery.
Dr. Black enjoys working with patients of all ages and his main goal is to help them achieve overall health and well-being. He feels it is important to form partnerships with his patients to determine the best possible surgical treatment. In addition to general surgery and endoscopy, Dr. Black performs minimally invasive surgery and works with patients who have acid reflux and are considering surgical management.
Dr. Black has been a member of the United States Navy Reserve for almost a decade and has served tours in both Germany and Afghanistan.
He says, “Every patient is unique and comes with his or her own life experiences and values which shape who they are. As a team, we will work together to find the best plan of care for each individual.”
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSA for physician-specific locations.
Meet Dr. Black
Umbilical Hernia Repair with Dr. Black
Inguinal Hernias with Dr. Black
- Bachelor of Science – University of Wisconsin La Crosse
- Doctor of Medicine – Medical College of Wisconsin
- Fellowship – University of Wisconsin Madison Hospital and Clinics
- Fellowship – Minnesota Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Wisconsin State License
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support