IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
- If you are experiencing ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS – especially a cough, shortness of breath or fever – please contact our office at 920.731.8131 to reschedule your visit.
- At this time, patients are limited to having ONE family member or friend accompany them during appointments/procedures. We are working together with our hospital healthcare partners, ThedaCare and Ascension, and following guidelines from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services and the American College of Surgeons regarding patient care during this ever-changing time. Our number one priority is to keep you, your loved ones and our community healthy.
NOTE: Telehealth Appointments are Now Available! Click here to learn more.
Janeil Mitchell, MD
About Dr. Mitchell
Performing a wide range of patient procedures, Dr. Mitchell is board-certified in general surgery and fellowship- trained in endocrine surgery of the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands. As she explains, “The most rewarding part of surgery is bringing expert, individualized care to each patient to create the best possible surgical experience.”
Dr. Mitchell earned her medical degree at Duke University School of Medicine and received residency training in general surgery at Indiana University School of Medicine. She completed a surgery research fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital at Harvard Medical School where she was the recipient of the John A. Mannick Surgery Resident Research Award. Dr. Mitchell also completed a fellowship in Endocrine Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical School and served as an instructor there.
Dr. Mitchell is fellowship trained in endocrine surgery through the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons and she is also a member of the American Thyroid Association and American College of Surgeons.
Outside of work, Dr. Mitchell’s interests include running, hiking and spending time with her family.
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSA for physician-specific locations.
Meet Dr. Mitchell
Thyroid Nodules with Dr. Mitchell
Overactive Parathyroid Gland with Dr Mitchell
- Duke University, Trinity College of Arts and Sciences, Biology, B.S, Graduation with Distinction English, B.A
- Duke University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Fellowship – Endocrine Surgery, University of Pittsburgh
- Fellowship –Surgery Research, Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Residency – General Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Board Certified in General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- State of Wisconsin, permanent medical license