IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
- If you are experiencing ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS – especially a cough, shortness of breath or fever – please contact our office at 920.731.8131 to reschedule your visit.
- At this time, patients are limited to having ONE family member or friend accompany them during appointments/procedures. We are working together with our hospital healthcare partners, ThedaCare and Ascension, and following guidelines from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services and the American College of Surgeons regarding patient care during this ever-changing time. Our number one priority is to keep you, your loved ones and our community healthy.
NOTE: Telehealth Appointments are Now Available! Click here to learn more.
Christopher Smith, MD
About Dr. Smith
Finding great reward in seeing his patients thrive after surgery, Christopher Smith, MD, has special interest in gastrointestinal, complex hernia and acute procedures. He also enjoys performing endoscopy and minimally invasive surgeries. As he explains, “When I was just 8 years old, I needed multiple surgeries. The appreciation I had for all of the medical staff convinced me that this was a field I wanted to pursue in the future.”
Dr. Smith earned his bachelor’s degree in biology from Marquette University in Milwaukee and received his medical degree from the University of Wisconsin. He completed internship and residency training in general surgery at the University of Tennessee in Memphis and received fellowship training in colon and rectal surgery at Saint Louis University. Dr. Smith received four-time recognition as one of the “Top Doctors in Colorectal Surgery” by Milwaukee Magazine and M Magazine.
When he’s not working, Dr. Smith likes to spend time with his family and travel. He also enjoys many outdoor activities, including golfing, alpine skiing and cycling. Single engine aviation and sailing are among his other hobbies.
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSA for physician-specific locations.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology – Marquette University, Milwaukee
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Residency – General Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis
- Internship – General Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis
- Fellowship – Colon & Rectal Surgery, Saint Louis University
- American Board of Surgery, Diplomat
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Diplomat
- Wisconsin State License