IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
- If you are experiencing ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS – especially a cough, shortness of breath or fever – please contact our office at 920.731.8131 to reschedule your visit.
- At this time, patients are limited to having ONE family member or friend accompany them during appointments/procedures. We are working together with our hospital healthcare partners, ThedaCare and Ascension, and following guidelines from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services and the American College of Surgeons regarding patient care during this ever-changing time. Our number one priority is to keep you, your loved ones and our community healthy.
NOTE: Telehealth Appointments are Now Available! Click here to learn more.
CHARLES CHENG, MD
About Dr. Cheng
Dr. Cheng joined Fox Valley Surgical Associates in 2001, providing Fox Valley residents with convenient access to a highly skilled surgical oncologist. His expertise allows patients to have extremely complex and advanced cancer surgery in the Fox Valley, surgery that previously required trips to Madison, Milwaukee or the Mayo Clinic. His philosophy is clear: “I strive to stay on top of the latest techniques and make the right decisions to achieve the best outcome for each patient I see.”
As a dedicated expert in his field, Dr. Cheng received the Vogel Award for outstanding graduating chief resident in the Department of Surgery at the University at Buffalo. He completed his clinical fellowship in surgical oncology at Roswell Park Cancer Institute and has been involved in notable projects, research articles and presentations to further hone his expertise. Dr. Cheng’s work has been published in articles in surgical journals and presented at national and international conferences. His work includes Thymidine Phosphorylase Expression in Colorectal Cancer Specimens (Roswell Park Cancer Institute, 2000-2001), Feasibility of Early Oral Feeding Following Colectomy (The Society of Surgical Oncology Annual Meeting, Washington D.C., 2001) and Sentinel Node Biopsy in Malignant Melanoma (The 17th International AEK Cancer Congress, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSA for physician-specific locations.
Meet Dr. Cheng
Pancreatic Cancer with Dr. Cheng
Esophageal Cancer with Dr. Cheng
- Bachelor of Arts – University of California Berkeley
- State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Southern California School of Medicine
- Medical College of Pennsylvania, Department of Surgery
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Department of Surgery
- Residency — General Surgery, Medical College of Pennsylvania
- Residency – General Surgery, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Fellowship – Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Fellow in Surgical Oncology
- Wisconsin State License
- American Board of Surgery