IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
- If you are experiencing ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS – especially a cough, shortness of breath or fever – please contact our office at 920.731.8131 to reschedule your visit.
- At this time, patients are limited to having ONE family member or friend accompany them during appointments/procedures. We are working together with our hospital healthcare partners, ThedaCare and Ascension, and following guidelines from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services and the American College of Surgeons regarding patient care during this ever-changing time. Our number one priority is to keep you, your loved ones and our community healthy.
NOTE: Telehealth Appointments are Now Available! Click here to learn more.
Alexander Wilkes, MD
About Dr. Wilkes
A general surgeon with special interest and expertise in colorectal procedures, Dr. Wilkes approaches care with a focus on the individual, while understanding that each patient is someone’s family member, friend or neighbor. As he explains, “I strive to provide the same expert level of care that I would expect my own loved ones to receive.”
Dr. Wilkes is a Wisconsin native who earned his bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences from Marquette University and his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine. He completed a general surgery residency at Michigan State University and was also appointed to the clinical faculty there. Dr. Wilkes is a member of the American College of Surgeons. He completed his fellowship training in colon and rectal surgery at Michigan State University.
Dedicated to giving back, Dr. Wilkes has volunteered at student-run health clinics and participated in Project CURA Ghana to provide medical care to those in need. He also took part in global medical relief trips to Honduras.
Dr. Wilkes loves to spend time with his wife and kids. He is a Wisconsin sports fan, enjoys the outdoors and counts hunting, fishing and wildlife photography among his favorite hobbies.
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSA for physician-specific locations.
Meet Dr. Wilkes
Diverticulitis with Dr. Wilkes
Rectal Cancer with Dr. Wilkes
- Bachelor of Science – Biomedical Sciences, 2008, Marquette University
- Doctorate Degree – Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska
- Fellowship – Colon and Rectal Surgery, Spectrum Health, Michigan State University
- Residency – General Surgery, Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners (GRMEP), Michigan State University
- ACLS Certified
- ATLS Certified