IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS:
- If you are experiencing ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS – especially a cough, shortness of breath or fever – please contact our office at 920.731.8131 to reschedule your visit.
- At this time, patients are limited to having ONE family member or friend accompany them during appointments/procedures. We are working together with our hospital healthcare partners, ThedaCare and Ascension, and following guidelines from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services and the American College of Surgeons regarding patient care during this ever-changing time. Our number one priority is to keep you, your loved ones and our community healthy.
NOTE: Telehealth Appointments are Now Available! Click here to learn more.
Alexander Tretinyak, MD
About Dr. Tretinyak
Dr. Tretinyak says, “There’s no better feeling than reuniting with a patient years after a surgery and seeing him or her functioning well and living a full life.” Dr. Tretinyak is an experienced vascular, endovascular and general surgeon. He specializes in treating aneurysms, peripheral arterial disease and vein problems and offers the innovative VenaSeal™ treatment – an adhesive system that closes diseased vein segments without heating or stripping. Dr. Tretinyak is also one of the first providers in the Fox Cities area to perform the TCAR procedure to treat carotid artery disease. The first step to a successful procedure? Education. He believes in a down-to-earth approach and thoroughly explains the condition and how it will be treated. He’s also there to talk through patients’ questions or worries.
Board certified and also registered in vascular ultrasound, Dr. Tretinyak graduated with a bachelor’s degree from the University of St. Thomas. He earned his medical degree at the University of Minnesota, where he also pursued his residency training in general surgery. He completed a vascular surgery fellowship at the University of Chicago.
When he’s not working, Dr. Tretinyak likes to keep active through sports and spending time with his family.
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSA for physician-specific locations.
Meet Dr. Tretinyak
Peripheral Arterial Disease
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Bachelor of Arts – Biology, University of St. Thomas
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Minnesota
- Residency – General Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Fellowship – Vascular Surgery, University of Chicago
- Society of Vascular Surgery
- Midwestern Vascular Surgery Society
- American Board of General Surgery
- American Board of Vascular Surgery
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Vascular Interpretation
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)